Dating jitters can often overwhelm many men, and the results are rarely pretty. They can cause you to lock up and literally shut down, which usually means no second date is coming in the near future. How do you get over something so frustrating? It’s actually easier than you think.
Here are a few tips that can help.
• Find the right mindset from the outset. If you’re not in a positive frame of mind from the very beginning, you’ve already lost. The whole goal of your date is to show her what a great guy you are. It’s impossible to do that if you’re bringing in the baggage from your last relationship, your lost job, or a frustrating financial situation. Get psyched about this date. It’s going to be great, and the more you tell yourself that, the more likely it is to come true.
• Build your self-confidence. You have to believe in who you are to make others believe in you. If you’re not very self-confident naturally, try a to build your self-confidence. Truly get to know yourself, be kind and generous to others, and take a moment to highlight your best qualities in your mind. All of these exercises will help you project who you want to be.
• Get social. You’re not going to be amazing on that first date if the only people you ever hang out with is your buddies from college. Break out of that pattern and socialize with other people. You’ll develop an entirely new set of skills you can use as you date (ones that don’t involve the same conversations you’ve been having for the last fifteen years).
• Pay attention to your profile. As you set up profiles on dating sites, take some time to do it right. Choose great pics that highlight who you truly are and what you really look like. Choose the right wording to describe yourself. Look it all over with a careful eye before you hit publish. You don’t want to exaggerate, but you don’t want to project a negative self-image either. Stay true to yourself to attract women who really want to be with you.
• Ignore timidity. Nice guys tend to move slower, and that can turn a lot of women off fast. Think about your timid side, and try to ignore it. Sure, there’s a happy medium between too fast and too slow, and you want to walk that line carefully. Keep in mind, though, that the location of that line can depend a bit on the woman you’re with.
• Create a plan from the outset. A date is not a night out with your pals. You can’t just let things happen. Know what your goals are, and spend the evening trying to achieve them.
The dating scene isn’t always straightforward these days, and it’s tough to be a guy trying to find the perfect woman to date. Consider these tips, and start searching for that perfect woman in your life.